Bladder injury compensation claims
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury to the bladder and another was to blame then you may be able to bring a claim for compensation. Call our accident injury and medical negligence lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form to start a free case assessment.
The bladder is an essential organ in your pelvic region used to store urine. It carries out an important function in your body and if it becomes injured or damaged it can seriously impact your day to day life.
A full bladder is more susceptible to traumatic injury with a sharp or blunt object than an empty one.
Causes of traumatic bladder injury include:
- medical negligence
- high velocity impact such as in a road traffic accident
- blow to the abdominal region
- falling from a height
- stab wounds
- dangerous machinery
- heavy lifting at work
Bladder complaints may include.
- Bladder cancer – can be caused by exposure to certain chemicals and hazardous materials used in manufacturing dyes, plastics, petroleum and rubber as well as gasworks, leather treating plants and tyre, printing and chemical manufacturing.
- Ruptured bladder – this is a serious injury and the longer the rupture remains untreated the more dangerous the condition becomes, which could lead to complete bladder failure.
- Prolapsed bladder – this only affects women and is caused when the front wall of the vagina, which supports the bladder, weakens resulting in the bladder dropping in the vagina.
Symptoms of bladder injury
The symptoms of a bladder injury include:
- abdominal pain
- bloody urine and discharge
- loss of fluids
- pelvic pain
- severe bleeding
- difficulty urinating
- weak urine stream
- prolapsed – incontinence when sneezing or coughing, problems urinating, pain during sexual intercourse and pelvic pain.
Thankfully the majority of traumatic bladder injuries are successfully remedied by surgery.
If you have suffered a bladder injury in an accident and would like to discuss the possibility of making a bladder injury compensation claim, please call our Personal Injury (PI), Industrial Disease and Medical and Clinical Negligence lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.