Bike and cycling accident compensation claims
If you have been involved in a cycling accident that was not your fault then you may be able to bring a claim for compensation. Call our cycling accident lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form to start a free case assessment.
We are specialists in cycling accident compensation claims and help cyclists injured as a result of a non-fault cycling accident to recover compensation, rehabilitation and replacement bikes from the individual or organisation responsible for the accident.
The number of individuals choosing to cycle for fun, fitness or to travel to work has increased significantly in the last two decades and official statistics suggest that over 3.2 billion miles are cycled on roads in the UK every year. Thankfully, the number of cyclists killed annually since 2010 has fallen due to an increase in cycling safety awareness. However, unfortunately 3,337 cyclists were killed or seriously injured in 2015.
Common cycling accident locations
The majority of cycling accidents occur in urban areas and compensation claims often arise as a result of:
- a motorist emerging into the path of a cyclist
- a motorist turning across the path of a cyclist
- collisions at, or near, a road junction, with T-junctions being most commonly involved in a bike accident (statistics suggest that almost two thirds of cyclists who are killed or seriously injured were involved in this type of event)
- vehicle and bike impacts at roundabouts
- a parked vehicle opening a door into the path of the cyclists causing them to swerve or hit the ground
- pedestrians stepping out negligently into the cyclists path
- uneven road surfaces, poorly maintained roads, potholes or failure by local authorities to keep the road surface in a safe condition
- accidents as a result of a defective bike or bike part (Product Liability claims).
Specialist cycling accident compensation claims solicitors
Injuries as a result of a cycling accident can be severe. Our cycling accident specialists have represented individuals who have sustained a range of injuries including but not limited to:
- head injuries – ranging from fatal skull fractures and brain injuries to minor concussion and cuts
- spinal injuries
- limb injuries – with over 40% suffering an arm injury and in excess of 25% suffering leg injuries
- psychiatric injury
- chest / abdomen injuries.
Catastrophic or fatal cycling accidents
Our expert team of cycling accident lawyers have also represented families in fatal accident compensation claims or in circumstances where a cyclist has been seriously and catastrophically injured. In these situations our catastrophic injury lawyers will seek to secure early interim compensation payments to ease financial hardship. We will also consider the appropriateness of Personal Injury Trusts to ensure that benefits are protected and will work with our Private Client solicitors to arrange any Court of Protection needs should the injured individual be unable to manage their own financial affairs.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a cycling or bike accident and you would like to discuss a Personal Injury (PI) claim or a dependency claim please call our specialist lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat. Alternatively, you can complete the request a call back form and we will call you.
If the matter is particularly urgent we can arrange for a solicitor to meet you at home or at the hospital.