Personal Injury (PI) compensation claims
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of an accident that was not your fault then you may be able to bring a Personal Injury (PI) compensation claim. Personal Injury claims for compensation consist of two elements: General Damages and Special Damages:
- General Damages are paid to compensate you for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity suffered as a result of your accident. The level of damages is decided either via negotiation through the claims process or as a result of a Court decision. The level of damages is calculated upon the severity of your injuries and your long-term recovery prognosis.
- Special Damages are based upon the level of financial losses you have incurred as a result of the accident. They can include expenses such as:
- loss of earnings
- medical and rehabilitation treatment
- travelling expenses
- vehicle repairs
- damage to clothing or other personal items
- home adaptations.
Our Personal Injury lawyers deal with many types of Personal Injury compensation claims including:
- serious or catastrophic injury
- Road traffic accident (RTA)
- Pedestrian compensation claims
- Cyclist compensation claims
- Motorcyclist compensation claims
- Compensation for accidents that have occurred abroad
- Animal bites and animal attacks
- Non surgical and botox cosmetic treatment
- Group compensation claims
- Falls, slipping and tripping accidents
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning
- accidents in public spaces
- occupiers liability accidents.
It is important to note that there are strict time limits within which to begin a legal action for Personal Injury. Generally, you have three years from the date of accident to bring a claim, although there are a few exceptions, which our legal team will be able to advise you upon.
The Lime Personal Injury team provide other services in addition to recovery of compensation. We assist with:
- accident investigation
- home adaptations
- interim payments to ease hardship
- professional negligence of Insurers or Legal advisors
- public enquiries
- Private client services such as:
- rehabilitation and care support
- replacement vehicles.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured and would like to speak to one of our Personal Injury lawyers to see if you have a claim for compensation, please call our Personal Injury (PI) lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a free, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.