Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis compensation claims
Clinical and Medical Negligence compensation claims as a result of diagnosis can be categorised into two main scenarios.
1. Misdiagnosis / incorrect diagnosis – clinical and medical misdiagnosis can occur as a result of a failure to recognise an illness or its symptoms and to provide a patient with an accurate diagnosis. Incorrect diagnosis can result in the patient receiving improper treatment or inappropriate medication, which could result in further complications to their illness and/or have an impact upon their long-term health and well-being. Misdiagnosis can occur as a result of the medical expert:
a. failing to conduct the necessary investigations
b. failing to interpret test results accurately
c. misreporting scans, smears or biopsies appropriately
d. failing to conduct a satisfactory examination
e. failing to make the appropriate expert referrals.
2. Delayed (missed or late) diagnosis – clinical and medical delayed diagnosis can have a significant impact on the progression of an illness and affect a patient’s recovery time and long-term prognosis.
Our Clinical and Medical Negligence lawyers have assisted patients in misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis compensation claims for a wide range of health conditions including, but not limited to misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of:
- deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- head injury
- heart attack
- internal bleeding
- injuries to internal organs
- prolapsed disc resulting in cauda equina syndrome (CES)
- tendon injury.
We are also members of the Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and can provide assistance with Private client service such as Personal Injury Trusts, Court of Protection, Power of Attorney and Administering Estates if necessary.
If you would like to discuss making a claim for compensation as a result of misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis from a doctor, dentist, surgeon or other type of healthcare professional then please call one of our Clinical and Medical Negligence lawyers on Freephone: 0808 164 0808 for a FREE, no-obligation chat or complete the request a call back form and we will call you.
If the matter is particularly sensitive and immediate assistance is required then we can arrange for one of the Clinical and Medical Negligence lawyers to meet you at the hospital or at home.